Anaconda Exception: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed

Dan Cutler dcutler at intelimedix.com
Tue Aug 7 17:08:12 UTC 2007

Fellow systems builders,

I have been happily PXE booting Linux boxes with custom package lists via kickstart and a little cfengine.

I was doing what I thought was a typical cycle:

            Added a few custom groups to ks.cfg,

create rpm’s

copy rpm’s to my netboot RPMS directory

edit comps.xml - add rpms to my custom groups

run genhdlist   ( /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --hdlist /i386/linux4.4/RedHat/base/hdlist /i386/linux4.4)

I have been doing this awhile without incident (and enjoying the benefits ;-) until my build system suddenly broke while parsing comps.xml (although there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with my comps.xml).

>From anacdump.txt…

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1181, in ?

    intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)

…snip…

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1175, in parseMemory

    if ret is None:raise parserError('xmlParseMemory() failed')

parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed

I’m seeing that folks are saying the “genhdlist” is outdated.  Maybe I should be generating hdlist in another way?

What is the best way to generate hdlist*?  How can I tell if my comps.xml is not matching up with my RPM repo?

Thanks!

--Dan Cutler

Checked by AVG Free Edition.