Installing minimal number of packages

Michael michael at kmaclub.com
Mon Aug 20 22:55:22 UTC 2007

Shabazian, Chip wrote:
> You still get base.  A truly minimal install would be
>
> %packages --no-base
>
> But that would result in a largely unusable system, so you need to add
> packages back in from that point.
>
> NOTE: I have not tested this on FC6, but expect it to be the same.

Is there not a happy medium somewhere in betwen?  I definitely want a
stripped system that includes rpm, and basic functionality but I don't
want X, or lots of bulk.

Doing --no-base and adding back all the packages just to make it
function correctly seems tedious to get correct.

If that is the best way, can someone give me an example of what they add
back?

Michael

Michael