Any ideas why this fails?:

Matt Fahrner Matt.Fahrner at coat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:39:37 UTC 2007

The other thing to do is get it to kickstart boot one way or another up
through "stage2.img" and then try to run the script manually on the
virtual console with a shell prompt. That's how I debugged my "%pre"
scripts...

			- Matt

Riggs, Ben wrote:
> Good question. I hadn't thought that it might not be in anaconda's path.
>
> Matt Fahrner wrote:
>> Are you sure "ifconfig" is in your path?
>>
>> Riggs, Ben wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> %include /tmp/network-include
>>>
>>> %pre --interpreter /usr/bin/python
>>> #find-ethN configures network info
>>> import os
>>>
>>> #Determine which ethN interface matches mac address supplied by ldap
>>> network_statement = "network --bootproto=dhcp --onboot=on --noipv6"
>>> pipe = os.popen("ifconfig -a", 'r')
>>> for line in pipe.readlines():
>>>     if '00:e0:81:33:d6:c7' in line.lower():
>>>         network_statement = "".join((network_statement, " --device=",
>>> line.split()[0].strip(), "\n"))
>>> file = open("/tmp/network-include", 'w')
>>> file.write(network_statement)
>>> file.close()
>>> </snip>
>>>
>>> I can't find anything glaringly obvious. I know the python works.
>>> When anaconda runs, it still asks for network info manually.

Matt Fahrner                                    2 South Park St.
Chief Systems Architect                         Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse               Lebanon, N.H.  03766
Tel: (603) 448-4100 x5150                       USA
Fax: (603) 443-6190                             Matt.Fahrner at COAT.COM