static network configuration ask

Kit Stube kstube at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:56:02 UTC 2007

You are correct.  I have bootproto=static.    At this point, this is what I
have:

text
install
key dfsdfgsdggsdg
lang en_US.UTF-8
langsupport --default en_US.UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
mouse genericwheelps/2 --device psaux
skipx
nfs --server 192.168.49.26 --dir
/vol/vol1/vmimages/kickstart/RH5-server-i386
network --bootproto static --device eth0 --nameserver 192.168.49.107--netmask
255.255.255.0
rootpw --iscrypted $1$rGjAQdLQm$LNgsdfsVF/TjfszJB6T
firewall --disabled
authconfig --enableshadow --enableldap --enableldapauth --ldapserver
ldaps.ourdomain.com --ldapbasedn dc=ourdomain,dc=com
selinux --disabled
timezone --utc America/Chicago
bootloader --location=mbr
repo --name=repo --baseurl=http://repo.ourdomain.com/linux/4/$ARCH  ###
This part is still broken.
reboot

%packages
%include /mnt/config/includes/RHEL5_packages
firstboot

%pre
# nfs mount the config directory so that we can use %include
# in this file to make things cleaner.
mkdir /mnt/config
mount -t nfs 192.168.49.26:/vol/vol1/vmimages/kickstart/configs /mnt/config

%post --nochroot
cp /mnt/config/includes/* /mnt/sysimage/root
chmod +x /mnt/sysimage/root/system_setup.sh

#system_setup.sh used to live here in %post and I will be moving it back in
with a %include rather than copying the file to the host if that will
#work.   For some reason, my hostname still does not get set up in
/etc/sysconfig/network even though I pass hostname, ip, and

Kit