"pump" times out -- extend a few seconds more?

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 19:20:59 UTC 2007

On 12/01/07, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com> wrote:
> The network team here does not want to adjust STP and PortFast settings on an
> individual basis.  They have legitimate reasons, but in the end it means I
> need to find a way to make pump handle STP better -- ISC does it.

I think there are quite reasonable arguments to be made for not
enabling STP negotiations on ports that don't need it (ie, enable STP
only on an individual port basis). If the device connected to a port
can talk STP (a Linux box?) and take part in the negotiations as a
rogue, can't it create havoc in an otherwise perfectly tuned network
leading to a DoS?

Binand