Re: /etc/sysconfig/desktop

On Jan 24, 2007, at 3:49 AM, <tamas 1 simon nokia com> <tamas 1 simon nokia com> wrote:

Thanks,

Actually I have thought of this solution but I have an other line in the
desktop file: 'DESKTOP=icewm' but with this command it would be
overwritten.

No it wouldn't, >> appends to the file, it doesn't overwrite it.

So I have a nice script to check the desktop file and put the PREFERRED
thing into it if this line would not exist, and this script would go to
the %post part.

That makes it a little cleaner, but Chip's suggestion works just as well.  If the file already has a PREFERRED line, you will end up with two, but the new one will override the old one, so you still get what you want.

I was only curious whether there is any other solution.

Thanks again!

Tamas

-----Original Message-----
Summerfield
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:00 PM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: /etc/sysconfig/desktop

Shabazian, Chip wrote:
Do you simply need to add the line PREFERRED="icewm" to
/etc/sysconfig/desktop?

If so, just put this in %post

echo "PREFERRED=\"icewm\"" >> /etc/sysconfig/desktop

Or
echo PREFERRED=icewm >> /etc/sysconfig/desktop

You don't need any of those quotes, and hence no quoting of quotes.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa coco merseine nu  Z1aaaaaaa coco merseine nu

Please do not reply off-list