Re: detecting i386 or x86_64 in kickstart

On Jan 25, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

John Summerfield wrote:
Jason Edgecombe wrote:
Hi,

I would like to have a unified kickstart file for both my i386 and x86_64 installs. So I have two questions:

1. Is there some way to detect whether the processor is 32/64 bit in a %pre script?
See /proc/cpuinfo

2. Will the 32-bt installer install the 64bit rpms if I point it at a 64bit install tree?

I'm Doubtful, but try it. What's the cost of a failure?

I figured /proc/cpuinfo would be the ticket, but I have no clue what to look for. Where can I find the docs for all of the info in /proc/cpuinfo?

'uname -i' is probably a better option than digging through cpuinfo.

--
Jason Kohles
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire