Automated generation of installed packages list? (RHEL5)

JB Segal jb at smarterliving.com
Mon Jul 9 02:01:18 UTC 2007

A somewhat more than cursory glance at the archives doesn't show the
answer to this...
At the end of a manually-configured install, where I spent a reasonable
amount of time
going through the available packages, picking those I wanted, and those
I didn't, the only
evidence of this left in the anaconda-ks.cfg is the wholly-insubstantial
lines
%packages
@editors

and that's IT.

A) Would anyone like to guess whether this is a bug, a design lacuna, or
a 'feature'?
B) Is there any way to generate an appropriate ks.cfg based upon this
system?

While it seems that the KS docs have been revised and updated for RHEL5,
at this hour on
a Sunday, I'm not managing to find anything about reverse-engineering a
package list, nor
anything about why I should ever NEED to do that.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give,

JB