more arping like checks in fedora7?

Thomas Vogt tv at solnet.ch
Mon Jul 30 06:54:42 UTC 2007

Hi

I use kickstart for fedora 4-6 and it works very well. Since we have a
proxy arp in front of all machines I had to remove all the arping checks
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth (line 245,248). This is
necessary because the proxy arp always gives answers for any arp
requests. Without removing the arping fedora can't set the static ip.

With fedora7 this doesn't work any more. I still have removed the arping
check in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth but the interface eth0
does not set the static ip adress after a reboot.

It works fine if i set it via console with "ifconfig eth0 1.2.3.5
netmask 255.255.255.0" and "route add default gw 1.2.3.4" but not if I
start|restart it via network the default network script in init.d. Are
there any other checks in fedora7 to protect the system from a network
conflict?

Regards,
Thomas Vogt