packages not to update during the KS installation

Timo Bergemann tbergema at eso.org
Fri Mar 9 13:20:36 UTC 2007

Hello all,
I have the following situation with the following problem:

four repositorys:
1.) base
2.) updates
3.) extras
4.) eso ( our own repository )

i am installing using the options:
repo --name=updates .....
repo --name=extras ....
repo --name=eso ....
%packages --resolvedeps

after the installation everything is already updated, which also very
fine :)
But, the kernel I do not want to update. usually I would like to have
the kernel and its family (-devel ...)i want to have in repository ESO.
As soon there is a newer kernel in the repository "updates" it gets of
course installed .

Is there a way of saying something like: do never update kernel from
repository "update"?
I do not want to exclude the kernel get not mirrored into our updates
repo, is there another way?
I am searching for a way like
"exclude=kernel,kernel-smp,kernel-devel,kernel-smp-devel" which I could
give in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo. Unfortunaly during the installation
such files not exists, or am i wrong here?

Thank you for your help

Timo Bergemann

--
                             \|/