Identifying SCSI or IDE drives in %pre

Rodney Rutherford rrutherf at tripos.com
Wed Mar 28 22:11:46 UTC 2007

Here is the simple test I do:

#
# Determine primary drive type (IDE or SATA/SCSI)
#
DRIVE=''

parted -s /dev/hda > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ "$?" = 0 ]
then
    DRIVE=hda
else
    parted -s /dev/sda > /dev/null 2>&1
    if [ "$?" = 0 ]
    then
       DRIVE=sda
    fi
fi

#
# Then you can just configure your drives based on matching the type
#
if [ "$DRIVE" = "hda" ]
then
    # echo your desired IDE partitioning > /tmp/part-include
else
    # echo your desired SATA/SCSI partitioning > /tmp/part-include
fi

#
# Then in the main body of the kickstart config before the
    # %pre, you would specify an include where the partitioning
# normally would be:
#
%include /tmp/part-include

Rodney