Unable to get any httprequests: Unable toretreive netstg2.imgfile

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu May 17 22:44:37 UTC 2007

Shabazian, Chip wrote:

> Now, *I* sure would like to see the timeout for pump increased from 30
> seconds to 60 seconds, but that would probably piss off even MORE people
> since I'm sure there are a lot more people who get frustrated waiting 30
> seconds for pump to timeout during boot if their dhcp server is down, or
> if they have more than one interface and don't know how to turn off dhcp
> on the unused interfaces, etc.

If my dhcp server's down, I got problems regardless of the timeout.

> I guess the ideal solution would be an option for pump that does
> increase the timeout that could be passed from anaconda, or an option in
> anaconda such as dhcpretry=X where you could set the system to retry
> dhcp X number of times without recycling the NIC and starting the
> negotiation dance again.
>
> But at the end of the day, please keep in mind that these are all work
> arounds for the Cisco STP feature, that while valuable, is the actual
> root cause.

What _I_ would like to see is an attempt to use them all, configure all
the network interfaces in parallel.

Use the first one that comes up and allows access to the ks files.

Then it wouldn't matter much what the timeout is, if eth1 comes up and
we can get the ks file from it (Or later, can get the install source)
and eth0 is still dithering around, well we're on the way with eth1 and
who cares?

--

Cheers
John