Unable to get any httprequests: Unable toretreive netstg2.imgfile

Steden Klaus Klaus.Steden at thomson.net
Fri May 18 02:03:52 UTC 2007

Why not add command-line options to kickstart:

dhcpretry=N (attempt to obtain a lease at least N times)
dhcpwait=N (wait at least N seconds for a physical link to become active
before transmitting a DHCP request)
dhcptimeout=N (wait at least N seconds before retransmitting a DHCP
request)

I don't see Cisco changing the way it does things any time soon, so it's
just something as a user community we will have to learn to live with --
but I think it can be mitigated until it's at least tolerable and
usable.

The critical thing is, I think, to allow application behaviours that
relate to this problem to be modifiable easily, rather than forcing
users to adopt "suggested" behaviour (I'm looking in your direction,
Cisco!).

Cheers,
Klaus

Summerfield