More on NFS problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 9 04:16:35 UTC 2007

Joe_Wulf wrote:
> Stowe,
>
> Thank you for identifying that post.  I find it radical to have to go to all the
> trouble of rebuilding an initrd image for one OS, much less for all the ones I
> have to work with, just to get it to boot past an NFS problem.

Stowe was trying to help you; I find the tone of your response and the
fact you've addressed him personally offensive.

> I'm still struggling with this.  It just floors me that I can totally kickstart a
> VM to completion on one system, simply register the MAC address in the kickstart
> server to foster a build on the other physical system (that is the ONLY change)
> and it NEVER builds.

Stowe says "it sounds something like...." It's an old post, that problem
should not occur now.

Why don't you just settle down and apply the advice there to the extent
you can, and see whether it helps?

Do that, and you're closer to fixing the problem.

> Is anyone besides me using a MAC to virtually build systems?
>
> Will updating my kickstart server to Fedora 8 do me any good?

Try it and see.

> Will reverting back to something like Fedora Core 4 or Fedora Core 5, be any
> better?

Bear in mind that the post Stowe referred to is much older than those,
and that they're no longer supported.