Does Kickstart Support Secure HTTP (port 443)

Matt Fahrner Matt.Fahrner at coat.com
Wed Nov 21 14:31:25 UTC 2007

I looked into it for similar reasons and from what I can see it doesn't.
What we ended up doing is just making the firewall ACL more specific to
allow only port 80 to the kickstart host.

Maybe I'm wrong, I would be happy to hear it did support this, but I
don't think it does.

			- Matt

dadembro at rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> I have been asked to disable port 80 for security reasons.  I use it to
> supply a kickstart file to other systems on the network for Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 4 (update 4).  Trying to get the kickstart with
> ks=https://ip_address/kickstart_filename.cfg fails.
>
> Should I expect this to work or not?
>
> Thanks,
> ---d.dembrow

Matt Fahrner                                    2 South Park St.
Chief Systems Architect                         Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse               Lebanon, N.H.  03766
Tel: (603) 448-4100 x5150                       USA
Fax: (603) 443-6190                             Matt.Fahrner at COAT.COM