Kickstart a nd LDAP

Hi,
if I run the setup tool and select Authentication there's a checkbox for "Local authorization is sufficient". Is the the same as kickstart's --useshadow if I'm setting up auth to use ldap? Essentially I want to keep root out of ldap for password and have that be a local account.

So, I'd have both local and ldap accounts.

Is there any difference btwn the options for 4.5 and 5.x OS for kickstart options?

Also, anyone know if the SSL bug still exists in kickstart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Harry