Not really a kickstart question.....

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 18:37:49 UTC 2008

Meyers, John J wrote:

> Hi Jake,
>
> 	In the %pre section of the ks file, I run a python script that
> is VERY derived from the anaconda network_text.py code. This allows the
> installer to input the required network info. After which the rest of
> the install is automated. I can prefill the subnet, ip to last octet,
> DNS server... If you don't have fancy requirements, you should be able
> to import network_text *, and call the various modules from anaconda to
> provide netconfig functionality. Yeah Kickstart! And long live yum.

Cobbler has a way of keeping track of all of these variables and filling
in these sections automatically.

See this customized section that Robin Bowes contributed today:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/KickstartSnippets#Networkconfiguration

This allows you to do things like:

cobbler system add --name=foo --hostname=foo.example.com --ip=X ...

and have everything substituted into all the kickstarts correctly based
on the system that you are installing.

(http://cobbler.et.redhat.com)

--Michael