creating boot image

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri Apr 18 14:38:59 UTC 2008

Joel Andres Granados schrieb:

> I'm assuming you have this problem because you have a large amount of
> machines that you need to install with certain regularity.  In this
> case I would really suggest PXE,  it is extremely configurable and can
> accomplish what you want.  Cobbler is also a good alternative  (I've
> been told, haven't actually used it).

Yup.
Cobbler is the way to go.

> I think the boot image approach, though possible, is too much work.

Yes, probably.
I thought of setting up a PXE+TFTP-server and the rest of the
infrastructure by hand, but after I found cobbler, I never looked back.
In fact, it's the tool I have been looking for for years (OK, I'm
actually looking for something that can provision Linux, Windows,
FreeBSD and Solaris - but cobbler is a good start ;-))) )

Rainer