anaconda screens

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 09:39:34 UTC 2008

	No Luis, in your %pre script you can make a switch to vt3 -> chvt 3
do whatever echo and reads you want, and return back to anaconda with
chvt 1

	Regards
	Pablo

El jue, 07-08-2008 a las 10:37 +0100, Luis Correia escribió:
> Hi Joel,
>
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:23, Joel Andres Granados <jgranado at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Luis Correia wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm about to do some funky %pre stuff in python, to decide whetner or
> >> not to install the machine and need some user interaction.
> >> We're only doing it in text mode, no need for fancy graphics.
> >>
> >> How do I from the %pre script write stuff to the screen, get input,
> >> maybe a button or two ?
> >>
> >> I've rummaged through the anaconda code, but it all seems a bit strange to
> >> me.
> >>
> >> Thanks for all the help you could provide,
> >> Luis Correia

> > Took a quick look at the code and it seems that it executes whatever is in
> > pre with a redirect to tty3, including the input.  This suggests to me that
> > you can basically do a bash read (or however you want to prompt the user)
> > and it will prompt you on the vt3.  It wont work if you are installing
> > through serial console though.  Didn't actually test this.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
>
> So, that means that, in order to interact with the user in the main
> tty, I must modify Anaconda, right?
> If yes, then I could probably use the 'updates' method...
>
> > --
> > Joel Andres Granados
> > Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic
>
> Luis Correia

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHCE/RHCSP/RHCSS Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain
Phone: +34 645 01 01 49 (CET/CEST)
GnuPG KeyID: 0xFAD3CF0D

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens