Upgrading kernel used in PXE boot

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 10:31:54 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> -mandatory note about Fedora Core 6 being End Of Life, you should
>>> upgrade or use some Enterprise Linux (derivative)-
>>>
>>> you might want to take a look at Revisor. We've been doing successful
>>> Fedora Core 6 spins in the past although it really started off with
>>> Fedora 7... To indicate what is successful, here's the test matrix
>>> that we commonly use (a Fedora 8 version of it):
>>>
>>> http://spins.fedoraunity.org/Members/kanarip/fedora-8-test-matrix-template
>>>

>>> Revisor you can find in the Fedora repositories (if you run Fedora 7
>>> or 8), and there's a package built for EL5 as well.

>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Jeroen van Meeuwen
>>> -kanarip

>> +
>> Just wanted to mention the different tools
>>
>> 1. revisor by Jeroen Meeuwen
>> 2. pungi by Jessy Keating 3. buildinstall by anaconda team
>>
>> AFAK they are in that order. (revisor uses pung and pungi uses
>> buildinstall).  I think if you want an easy way to do this your best
>> bet is revisor,  If you want to get into the core of things you might
>> want to give buildinstall a try.  It a very scarry shell script :)
>>
>> Hope it helps.
>>

> I don't think pungi did anything for Fedora 7, nor from before Fedora 7.

I'm pretty sure pungi began in F7. not sure if it was used to compose f7 or f8 though.
have to ask jessey.

> Also, Revisor does not use pungi.

mmm.  my bad.
where you using pungi and changed or did you never use pungi at all?
I was convinced that how it worked.  learn something new every day.
So do you call buildinstall directly to build the images or do you have
your own version of buildinstall?

> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
> -kanarip