Ignore swap devices on install

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 17:27:26 UTC 2008

dwight at supercomputer.org wrote:
> This seems rather useful, and is cleanly done.
>
> What are the odds of getting it into the source tree?
>
>    -dwight-
>
> On Tuesday 12 February 2008 01:51:59 am Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>> Hi list:
>>
>> It has been a problem to tell anaconda to not use some swap
>> devices at install time.  I have created a solution (if you can
>> call it that) that adds a argument for kickstart in RHEL5.  It
>> basically tells anaconda : "Do not touch this list of swap
>> devices".  And anaconda does not use them at install time and does
>> not add them to /etc/fstab at the end of installation. The
>> solution involves code for anaconda and for pykickstart.
>>
>> Patch is attached.  comments greatly appreciated.

Hey dwight:

This is going in for RHEL, but I want to actually fix the bug in fedora.  This would mean ignoring all the swaps that are not stated in the ks files.  Anaconda would scream if there is no swap devs for installation time (swap is needed)  and will not touch anything unless stated in a partition line.

Regards

--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic