Unable to eject boot cd during kickstart install

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Thu Feb 14 14:25:06 UTC 2008

I, the OP, am in fact doing a network install.  I get the ball rolling
with the CD.  I never tried Fedora 7, but Fedoras 6 and prior didn't
lock the CD in the drive during the network install.  I am reluctant
to start killing processes during the install just so I can remove my
CD as dwight at supercomputer.org suggested.  I'm booting from the
Rescue CD to do my installs, and one thing I noticed is that a message
box pops up indicating that the install found local install media.
This message hadn't appeared with the earlier Fedoras.  I'll try to
make a bare-bones boot CD somehow with no install files to see if that
helps keep the CD from being locked in.