swap sizing in a kickstart script

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Fri Jan 11 15:19:47 UTC 2008

Hi Jimmy,
I am not sure if there is a variable that you can use to calculate swap
size based on memory.

In our situation we know all the machines have the same amount of memory
and allocate a static size.

part swap --size=1000   --maxsize=2000

I am not aware of a "Redhat recommended" swap size. The convention used
to be to have swap double the memory, but these days I don't know how
appropriate that is. I don't fancy an >8Gb swap file...

Regards