Pre-patched kickstart tree

Waller, Darrick J (US SSA) Darrick.Waller at baesystems.com
Mon Jan 21 19:47:30 UTC 2008

As the subject states, I am trying to create an kickstart tree that
allows me to install a system with current packages, instead of older
packages from the downloaded ISO's that I have. I have novi installed,
and am able to merge the two RPMS directories that I have using hard
links, but when I try and kickstart a machine using this directory as
the install tree, I get the following error:

"That directory does not seem to contain a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
installation tree."

I've tried linking the 'RedHat/base' directory, thinking I needed the
stage2 stuff, but I still get the same error. Any advice on this, or
alternate methods of doing the same thing would be great.

-Darrick