bootloaderInfo.py line 645, i runGrubInstall OSError: [error 2] No such file

floyd smith floydsmith at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 13:06:23 UTC 2008

while trying to kickstart install f9-i386 with anaconda 11.4.0.82
running I got the above error durring the writing bootloader phase.

Here is the last kickstart file I tried (which is basically the one I
generated using the kickstart configurator which is slightly different
[reduced] than the one I originally used and have used many times with
f8 and f7)
# For drive sdb7 label /15 release 9 Kickstart file

# Kickstart file for composing the "Fedora" spin of Fedora 8
#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
# System authorization information
auth  --disableshadow
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=sda,sdb --append="rhgb quiet"
clearpart --none
part / --fstype ext3 --onpart=sdb7
text
# Firewall configuration
firewall --enabled
# Run the Setup Agent on first boot
firstboot --disabled
#interactive
# System keyboard
keyboard us
# System language
lang en_US
# Installation logging level
logging --level=debug
# Use CDROM installation media
#cdrom
harddrive --partition=sdb9 --dir=/3rd
# Network information
network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp --hostname floydsmi --onboot=on
network --device eth1 --bootproto dhcp --hostname floydsmi --onboot=on
# Reboot after installation
reboot
#Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$812aSfDP$n3uhf7d//gw1Lh.cei.ue1

# SELinux configuration
selinux --enforcing
# System timezone
timezone  America/New_York
# Install OS instead of upgrade
install
# X Window System configuration information
xconfig --driver "sis" --defaultdesktop=GNOME --resolution 1024x768
--depth 24

%post --interpreter=/bin/bash --nochroot

# write debug test message to root file debug.i
echo "hello world" >/mnt/sysimage/debug.i
%end

# Package manifest for the compose.  Uses repo group metadata to
translate groups.
# (@base is added by default unless you add --nobase to %packages)
%packages
@office
@engineering-and-scientific
@development-libs
@editors
@window-managers
@system-tools
@fedora-packager
@gnome-software-development
@legacy-fonts
@fonts
@text-internet
@legacy-software-development
@x-software-development
@legacy-network-server
@gnome-desktop
@core
@authoring-and-publishing
%end

Also, the installer says (shortly before the bootloader phase) that it
is running the %post script, but NO debug file it writes appears on the
installed system.

Any help greatly appreciated in advance.

Floyd,