Resend: Anaconda modifying network files

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 19:33:21 UTC 2008

I am using cobbler/koan to generate xen disk images. After a successful
install, if I mount the image I see infomation in various networking
files which denote the information about the network I built the image
on. Specifically:

/etc/hosts has the ip address and dhcp fqdn of the image when anaconda
was running.
/etc/sysconfig/network has the fgdn of the image when anaconda was running.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 has the MAC address given out
by xen.

Is there a way to configure anaconda to not mutate these files?

Thanks!

-- bk