how to install a custom XEN kernel & rpm's from kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Fri Mar 28 15:30:45 UTC 2008

Robin Bowes wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>>> rpm -i in the %post

>> As follows?
>>
>> rpm -i xen-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.i386.rpm
>> rpm -i xen-debuginfo-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.i386.rpm
>
> Personally, I set up my own repo and add it to the kickstart:
>
> repo --name=myrepo --baseurl=http://example.com/centos/5/x86_64/RPMS
>
> Specify any additional RPMs in the %packages list
>
> Any RPMs in that repo that are older than the ones on the install
> media will be installed.
>
> Where did you get xen 3.2 for CentOS? Is that from the CentOS site?
> Ah, I see - it's i386. I ended up building 3.1.2 from Fedora for my
> x86_64 boxes.
>
> R.

I need to make a CD in order to install remote servers & colocation
providers, so I won't be able to setup a repo there, unless I put
another server in, which will cost extra. So I need to keep everything
on the CD, or even DVD

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers