How to do a kickstart install to specific disk

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 30 18:51:30 UTC 2008

Hi

Different linux kernels seem to name disks in a different order.

I need to be able to specify the right disk for kickstart to install on
to. Previously we have always used eg:

part / --onpart sda1 --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow

but sda1 now may not be on the right disk!

It has been suggested that I use --onbiosdisk to be sure I get the
correct disk.

How do I determine what the right argument to this option is?

Is this the only way to be sure I'm installing to the right disk?

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone