how to install a custom XEN kernel & rpm's from kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Mar 31 11:39:07 UTC 2008

Tom Brown wrote:

>> No, I haven't, cause I don't have oodles of bandwidth to download
>> everything on every page from a google search hoping something would
>> work. Thanx for the help though
>>

> errr you dont have bandwidth to be able to view web pages? reading is
> pretty lightweight

So, after installing 160MB's worth of package, just to install
rpm-build, I still can't rebuild the package
I'm now updating the whole syste, which will install another 53MB worth
of packages. Sadly, google don't have an answer to my problems.

[root at temp01 /]# rpmbuild --rebuild xen-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.src.rpm
Installing xen-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.src.rpm
warning: user machbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group machbuild does not exist - using root
[...]
error: Failed build dependencies:
        /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h is needed by xen-3.2.0-0xs.x86_64

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com