Preventing building over san disk; Which method?

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Mon May 5 10:50:49 UTC 2008

Hi

We have added nostorage to our pxe boot entries and then specify the
device drivers to prevent accidental overwriting of san storage when
re-provisioning a machine. However this is biteing us in the butt a bit.
We are using satellite to manage our kickstarts and I can't specify more
than one device in the Satellite interface. Which means that I have to
manually change this everytime I have to build a different architecture
which is not something I am keen on doing. I have tried to script this
but it seems that pre-scripts are executed too late. I still need to
experiment a bit more...

The alternative to all these is to use latefcload but it is
undocumented. I was wondering if anyone has any expierence with this and
how reliable you have found this to be. latefcload loads the fiber
channel last to ensure you don't build over it...

Regards