From: Glenn Bailey [mailto:gbailey terremark com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 07:12 PM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: simple pre script for user input

Playing around with a %pre script for user input, and while this works fine
in a normal shell, after I enter an IP it just hangs there and I have to hit
alt-f2 and kill the process before it moves forward .. Anyway ideas? Like I
said this works fine in a normal shell:

%pre
chvt 3
clear

CONSOLEIP=""
YES=n
while [ $YES != "y" ]
do
        echo -n "Enter the console IP: "
        read CONSOLEIP
        echo "You entered: $CONSOLEIP"
        echo -n "Is this correct? [y/n]: "
        read YES
done

echo $CONSOLEIP > /tmp/CONSOLEIP

chvt 1
%end

Glenn E. Bailey III, Operational Support Services gbailey terremark com
972-827-4292

terremark worldwide
222 W Las Colinas Blvd Ste 350E
Irving, TX 75039