Forcing a disk rescan after %pre

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Oct 2 11:13:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Paul Malinowski wrote:

> Try to use partprobe to re-read available disks/partitions. I'm not
> sure is it available when %pre script runs, but anaconda does that
> somehow during the partitioning section so I guess it's possible. In the
> worst case scenario I would add reboot at the end of creation of raid
> config in the %pre script - so that it would reboot if change in config
> occured. I know that its rather a nasty hack, not a proper solution, but
> please keep in mind that anaconda has some limits.

The reboot is what I am planning to do, but I prefer to look first at a
better option instead of settling for this because I don't know better :-)

I fear that anaconda's data-structure is not updated and the scan for
disks has already happened before the %pre. Because after my RAID scripts
has run, I do have /dev/sda available to the system, but anaconda behaves
as if there were no disks found.