Holding configuration information

Mike Hubbard mhubbard at secureworks.com
Fri Sep 5 14:38:51 UTC 2008

Hello -

I am very new at this kick-start stuff.
I need to build a kickstart CD that completely repartitions the hard drive and yet is able to hold on to configuration information to lay it back down after the installation.
I have been reading and trying different things, but I can't seem to figure this out.  My thought was to write things, perhaps, to a ramdisk during %pre and then access it in %post, but I'm not getting anywhere with that.
Could someone please direct me to the proper documentation for this, or help me correct my entire line of thinking about what I want to do?  I think I'm deep down in some rat-hole or am just missing something obvious.

Thanks
Michael Hubbard