Re: adding commands to installer image

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
On 08/07/2009 03:31 AM, John Summerfield wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

Right, and although that seems a but hackerish, in %post, you can
ntpdate <server>; touch /path/to/timestamp-file, no? You wouldn't
really need to adjust the installer images for that purpose, you just
need to make sure the appropriate ntp/ntpdate package is installed.

%post is too late to ensure files are not created "in the future" as the
installation has been done with the wrong time (maybe) and timezone
(probably).

His reasoning though was not /etc/mail/sendmail.mc was the problem, but his own timestamp file.

I quote, "1) The systems that are being installed arrive with the time set to some local time that is unknown but we want it set to UTC. This needs to be set prior to installing any RPM packages."

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait