Question regarding differnt architectures.

p000001 patrik.martinsson at smhi.se
Tue Aug 25 09:07:44 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I've got a question regarding the anaconda-yum installation progress
when it comes to different architectonics.

We use fedora 10 x86_64 , with a custom-made kickstart option file, my
question is if it is possible to get the installer to install both i386
packages
and x86_64 if they are available, like the (kind of newly, i think)
introduced
feature multilib_policy=all in yum.conf ?

So question simply, is there a config file for anaconda-yum
installation ?
And will it work with the parameter multilib_policy=all ?
And, maybe not kickstart-related but, how will it act if it detects that
it cant
install both architectures because they conflict with each other, will
it at least
install one of them and continue the installation ?

Running a yum update after the installation doesn't seem to fix it,
because
the multilib_policy=all option is only for installs, not updates. So if,
like in one of
my cases the compat-libf2c-34.x86_64 gets installed, but not
compat-libf2c-34.i386.

Sorry if i missed this in some documentation somewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Patrik Martinsson