auto-configure NTP in Kickstart?

Bryan Schneiders bschneiders at woti.com
Tue Jan 6 16:02:16 UTC 2009

Our machines get NTP server information from DHCP, so I just comment out the default servers in the post section with sed:

sed -i.orig -e "s/\(server [0-9].fedora.pool.ntp.org dynamic\)/#\1/" /etc/ntp.conf

I believe you can enable ntp with the "services" command in the top of the kickstart file.

services --enabled=ntpd

Bryan Schneiders