RHEL5 - copy files from DVD during %post

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Jan 14 23:23:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:49:13PM -0500, Bryan Schneiders wrote:
> I worked around this in the past by modifying usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py
> in the stage2.img and adding dispatch.skipStep("methodcomplete") to the
> list in the setSteps function.
>
> I think I tried the other patch you mentioned only to run into the cdrom
> device or mount point being deleted before %post.  I have the skipStep
> method written down in my notes so I believe that's what I settled on.

I tried this, both with and without the other "fix".  In all cases, the
DVD is ejecting immediately after controller drivers are loaded.  It
can't even start to install.  I know it's the stage2.img, because if I
replace a hacked one with the original, the install will proceed.

Has anyone made this work?  I could really use the exact steps that will
result in a DVD that will stay mounted for %post, or a link to that
stage2.img that I can download.  I'd prefer to know the correct edits
that I can do myself and wind up with a working image that I can
reproduce in the future.