disabling a driver during kickstart

Jonathan Horne loudredz71 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 23:00:48 UTC 2009

Greetings,

Can someone tell me how to get kickstart for RHEL5x/CentOS5x to ignore multipath/SAN during system install?  the other day multipath kicked in automatically during an install and i overwrote data on a LUN and the next thing i know all my LVMs now live out on the SAN.  The only way i know of to get around this is to either pull the fiber before the install or get in the switch fabric and de-zone the port.

it just seems logical that there would be a way to not destroy your LUNs during a scripted kickstart install.  Can anyone shed light on this for me, or point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Jonathan Horne