harddrive in %pre

Hello Ya'all:

I am writing a script to install from a USB key, however it appears as a different device on several different systems, so I put the harddisk command into an include, generated by the %pre area, however the system seems to be ignoring this - is there a way to make it work, or are there commands which just can't be put into includes?

Lance