Whole disk LVM via kickstart

darn570-linux at yahoo.com darn570-linux at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 19:42:52 UTC 2010

I was thinking about the rescue vector this morning as well.

Rescue booting with RHEL 5.4 does work and everything mounts up properly under /mnt/sysimage, you do have to deal with anaconda stopping on the disk that isn't partitioned and asking for it to be initialized twice during your rescue session. There is always a *big* concern that an admin would select yes and then blow out the LVM PV.

It doesn't quite feel like a whole disk method is an accepted practice yet or either the tools have not caught up to allow this practice yet. Maybe when we can finally shove /boot into an LV the toolsets will be a little more friendly to this configuration.

Chad