Re: Using GPT labels in Kickstart

On 06/09/2010 09:05 AM, Andreas Muehlemann wrote:
Hi All

We're planing updating our Kickstart Process for the upcoming RHEL6. As Disks and partitions still grow in a fast manner, we think to use GPT partitions as the default disk label. According to the Kickstart options, there is just the default MSDOS for i386/x86_64 and GPT for Itanium. Isn't there any possibility to overwrite the default and use GPT disk labels for x86_64 systems too?

Best regards
Andreas
Well, in RHEL5, anaconda will honor GPT tables on x86_64. If you can clobber MBR and create a GPT in %pre, you might be OK.

FYI, I was playing with hybrid GPT/MBR on an iMac with kickstart and anaconda honored the GPT

Jason