conflicting packages in kickstart

Christian Daudt csd_b at daudt.org
Thu Sep 23 20:24:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Greg Haase
<ghaase at syntheticgenomics.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian, I had a similar issue when using rpms I created. To get them
> to install properly I needed to set the priority with yum priorities.
>
> Here is an article that discusses how to do so for RPM Forge.  Look under
> Point 2.  Where it says "2.1. Priorities" on the following link.
>

> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge
>
> I would do this in the %post section
> ################
> %post
> yum install yum-plugin-priorities
>
> cat <<EOF>> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf
> [main]
> enabled=1
> EOF
>
> cat <<EOF>> /etc/my-custom-yum-repo.repo
>  repo --name=csddev
> --baseurl=http://amigo:82/home:/csd:/branches:/MeeGo:/1.0:/Core/ARM_Cross/
> --save --debuginfo --source
> repo --name=core  --baseurl=http://amigo:82/MeeGo:/1.0:/Core/ARM_Cross
>  --save --debuginfo --source
> priority=1
>  EOF
>
> ## Then install the package
> Yum erase    the-package-I-don't-want
> Yum install my-special-package-with-a-duplicate-name
> #############
>
> I hope that helps.

Hi Greg,
 Unfortunately this won't work in my case - my objective is to build a
very small target (which is why I'm replacing some utilities which
busybox counterparts) so I am not installing yum (or rpm for that
matter) and can't do this post-install.
 If nothing else works, I'm planning on munging the 2 repos into a
third one, but I don't think this will scale well if I have > 1
busybox options later (or other replacement tools). So I'm really
hoping to find a solution within the kickstart configuration. Your
reply doesn't give me much hope that such a solution exists though...

 Thanks,
   csd