Generate SSL certificate in %pre section

Raphaël De GIUSTI raphael.degiusti at guardis.com
Wed Apr 6 15:26:51 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I have secured a yum repository with SSL. The client has to be authenticated
to access that repository (client cert must be signed by my CA).
I have packages in the %packages section of my kickstart that are in that
protected repo.

Of course, I could set this up in the %post section, but I need the packages
to be available in the %package section.

So, my idea was, in the %pre section of my kickstart, to :
- generate a SSL certificate,
- send it to the "repo server",
- make it signed by the CA,
- get it back,
- setup the .repo file with appropriate parameters

Is this possible ?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Raphaël De Giusti