kickstart file not visible via network when using initrd.img

Kevin Nikiforuk KNikiforuk at capitalpower.com
Fri Apr 15 19:16:03 UTC 2011

My apologies if this is to the wrong forum.

We're trying to start using network based kickstart installs of our OEL servers, but we can't seem to get off the ground.  We've got an anonymous FTP server set up with our ks.cfg in the root.  We've formatted a usb key with syslinux 4.03, and are able to boot from it.  We've copied the vmlinuz and initrd from images/pxeboot on the first iso and the server boots off the usb key with no problem.  It loads vmlinuz and the initrd, however we're consistently prompted that it can't find the ks.cfg.  We've tried several command line options including ksdevice=eth0, ksdevice=link, but with no luck.

That being said, if we boot from the first iso, it loads up no problem and we're able to specify: linux ks=ftp://x.x.x.x/ks.cfg and it finds the config file no problem and it proceeds on its merry way.

Any thoughts on what we're missing?

Thanks,
Kevin

This email message, including any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, and contains confidential and proprietary information.  Unauthorized distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, or are obviously not one of the intended recipients, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this email message, including any attachments. Thank you.