ks file not found via dhcp

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 14:32:56 UTC 2011

> 09:24:38,293 DEBUG   : activating device eth2
> 09:24:45,305 INFO    : wait_for_iface_activation (2274): device eth2
> activated
> 09:24:45,317 ERROR   : no bootserver was found

That's the problem right there.  This is printed out in the
getFileFromNfs function, specifically in the path of looking for the
implicit kickstart file location.  It means the following is failing:

            server_name = nm_dhcp4_config_get_one_option(dhcp, "server_name");
            if (!server_name) {
                logMessage(ERROR, "no bootserver was found");
                g_object_unref(client);
                return 1;
            }

I wonder if that DHCP option even exists, or if this is a problem with the NM
bindings, or what.  Could you file a bug about this?

- Chris