Installing all packages using kickstart

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 13:34:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Magyari, Miklos wrote:

> we are trying to perform full installations (all packages) of different rh
> 5.x and 6.x versions, but have no luck with software groups. We have
> extracted the group names from comps.xml files, and added all to the the
> kickstart files, but still hundreds of packages are missing. Is it
> possible that such number of packages do not belong to any groups, or are
> we doing something wrong?
>
> We have tried the simple
>
> @everything
> - at conflicts
>
> but it did not work.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

From
https://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html

"You can use a kickstart file to install every available package by
  specifying * in the %packages section. Red Hat does not support this type
  of installation.
  In previous releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, this functionality was
  provided by @Everything, but this is not included in Red Hat Enterprise
  Linux 6."

Ben
         Life Is Short.          It's All Good.