Installing all packages using kickstart

Rich Boyce rich at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 15:04:00 UTC 2011

On 19/12/11 13:30, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 11:52 +0000, Rich Boyce wrote:

>>> I don't understand what you suggest
>>> I want a bootable image of Fedora updated , the idea of have a fedora
>>> 16.1 DVD .
>>
>> Oh, sorry - I thought you wanted a repository, because you said you
>> wanted a private mirror. I must admit I didn't read the whole thread.
>>
>> My suggestion would be valid if you were using a network-connected
>> kickstart installation.
>
> Hi,
> yeah I want private mirror , that could be copied to a usb-disk and use
> off-line or that I could use in my local lan .
> With this "private mirror" and a boot image with kernel updated.
> And now already, installation use updated packages from updates in
> process of install. When first install finish I have a Fedora updated,
> no more updated need in that day.

Ah, I see - you'd have to update the USB or DVD all the time, because
new updates are released daily. Wouldn't a better idea be to boot with a
minimal install CD and point the installation at both the release and
updates repositories?

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-installationmethod-x86.html

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-installmethod-x86.html

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-begininstall-url-x86.html

This implies you can choose 'install via URL' and give it
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/16/$basearch/

Then it will install any applicable updates. I haven't tried this, but
it looks like it should work.

Rich