Post Install

nikhil . nikhil.fakeaccount at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:12:12 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am trying to automate installs of Red Hat 5.5 x86. I have a FAT32
partition on my disk at /dev/sda1 that I want to mount to /cdrv folder of
the installed OS and I use this line in the %post section for this:

"mount -t vfat -o iocharset=utf8,umask=000 /dev/sda1 /cdrv"

For some reason, this does not mount the partition. I can confirm using
"fdisk -l >> /post.log" that /dev/sda1 is FAT32 and is the Boot partition. I
can create any folders or files using the %post section but just this
mounting doesnt seem to work.

Do you have any insights ?

thanks,
Nikhil