ethX_ethtool

Steve Robson srobson at cadence.com
Thu Jul 21 16:44:14 UTC 2011

kickstart-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Subject: ethX_ethtool
> From: Simon Reber <S.Reber at lcsys.ch>
> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:52:21 +0200
> To: "kickstart-list at redhat.com" <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Can somebody confirm/deny whether ethX_ethtool="autoneg=off speed=100
> duplex=full" is working during boot (is recognized by
> anaconda/installer) on RHEL 5.6 and above or not?
> I've found several posts regarding this option, but when I set the
> options, they don't seem to work.

Hello all,

   The installation guide for RHEL5 seems to suggest a slightly
different syntax to what you show.  The URL is
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html
and the relevant keyword for the KS file is "network".  I think the
argument to the "--ethtool=" option needs to match what could be used
with an "ethtool" when run at the command line.

eg.:
network --ethtool="speed 10 duplex half autoneg off" --hostname=blah ..etc

--
   Regards,
   Steve