ethX_ethtool

Simon Reber S.Reber at lcsys.ch
Thu Jul 21 17:19:42 UTC 2011

> On 07/21/2011 06:44 PM, Steve Robson wrote:
> I think the
> > argument to the "--ethtool=" option needs to match what could be
used
> > with an "ethtool" when run at the command line.
> >
> > eg.:
> > network --ethtool="speed 10 duplex half autoneg off" --hostname=blah
..etc

> Wasn't there also something with the order of the arguments passed to
> ethtool? If order is important and you know for sure the syntax is ok
> and it still does not work you may want to look into that.
Thanks,

But I'm not looking at the parameter --ethtool in the kickstart file.
Please note, that you have the opportunity to define several options
And I saw on the Fedoraproject that there is also an option
ethX_ethtool="" available to define some stuff during installation (when
it tries to obtain an IP)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/NetworkIssues#Avoid_Autonegoation
_Delays

But unfortunately I don't see any reference regarding this in the
documentation and was curios if its build in, into RHEL or not.
And it also doesn't seem to work!

Thanls and all the best,
Simon